11.23.07

Clear skies in the Valley

Posted in Travel & Places at 12:26 pm by www.PHALANO.com

By Rajesh KC

For a week Nepal had cloudless blue skies starting from November 15 (2007). Kathmandu illuminated under the mountain range from Dhaulagiri to Gaurishanker. Mets said the clear skies in Nepal are due to a cyclone in the Bay of Bengal. When the skies are clear in the Valley, 80% of the Himalayan range can be seen from Lalitpur area.

Mt. Ganesh as seen from the Kathmandu Airport.

Mt. Himalchuli as seen from the Kathmandu Airport.

Mt. Ganesh as seen from the Harisiddhi, Lalitpur.

Mt. Dorje Lakpa and Phurbi Gyaltsho as seen from Saatdobato, Lalitpur.

Mt. Gaurishanker as seen from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Mt. Himalchuli as seen from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Mt. Langtang as seen from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Mt. Ganesh and Swayambhunath temple as seen from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Swayambhunath temple as seen from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Mt. Ganesh and Swayambhunath temple as seen from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Mt. Dorjelakpa as seen from Bishankhu, Lalitpur.

Swayambhunath temple and Kathmandu under Himalchuli peak as seen from Bisankhu Narayan in Lalitpur district.

Ganesh Himal as seen from Bisankhu Narayan in Lalitpur district.

Sitapaila village of Kathmandu (extreme far) and Saatdobato of Lalitpur (down) under Mt Annapurna II as seen from Bisankhu Narayan in Lalitpur.

Mt. Ganesh and Langtang range as seen from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Mt. Dorjelakpa as seen from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Mt. Himalchuli as seen from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Mt. Ganesh as seen from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Mt. Ganesh as seen from Bisankhu Narayan in Lalitpur.

Mt. Ganesh and Swayambhunath temple from Bhaisepati, Kathmandu.

Left: Naikaap village in Kathmandu under Machhapuchhere (Fishtail) peak and Thankot under Putha Hiunchuli, the southernmost peak in the Dhaulagiri range (right) was also seen from Bisankhu Narayan in Lalitpur.

An illuminated Kathmandu under Himalchuli peak as seen from Bisankhu Narayan in Lalitpur district. Swayambhunath temple is seen to the left while Dharahara is in the extreme right.

Full moon as seen from Hativan in Lalitpur district on Saturday Nov 24, 2007.

An illuminated Kathmandu under Himalchuli peak as seen from Bisankhu Narayan in Lalitpur district. Swayambhunath temple is seen in the middle.

All pics Rajesh KC

364 comments »

1. Armugam / Kathmandu said,

December 24, 2007 at 4:02 pm

Rajesh,

The pictures are just great. The tragedy is that how many of us can distinguish Ganesh Himal from Gauri Shanker? I have seen chaps misinforming tourists that the pyramidal peak north of Kathmandu is infact Mt. Sagarmatha!
    Thanks to Kunda Dixit for at least naming few of the great peaks.

2. Gokul Thapa, Doha-Qatar said,

December 24, 2007 at 7:17 pm

“It’s moving around our eyes everyday, comes in our dream every night, flowing in our blood every moment.”

It’s our beloved and beautiful country NEPAL.

Thank you Rajesh jee and Gurukul for so nice picture. Keep it up forever.

JAY NEPAL

3. pokhara said,

December 24, 2007 at 8:15 pm

rajeshdai,
    wow its so surprising that i could not believe that annapurna range is seen from ktm.

4. Kris from Taiwan said,

December 25, 2007 at 8:40 pm

Krishna from Taiwan

Rajesh jii you took such a wonder ful pictures how beautiful our Nepal but bad is our country’s condition. isn’t it?

5. pradeep k. khtrai, dubai said,

December 28, 2007 at 8:00 am

thanks alot very much. very nice and beautiful our coutray. i miss alot.
    keep in touch always u r the great.thanks alot
    pradeep k. khatri
    dubai metro project

6. Rebati Dhakal said,

January 1, 2008 at 9:01 am

Thanks Rajesh Dai,
    प्रकृतीले नेपालाई औधि सौर्न्दर्यले भरिदिएको छ । नेपालको सौर्न्दर्य जस्तै यहाँको परिवेश र जनजीवनमा पनि स्वच्छ शान्तिको बाँश भईदिए आहाँ सुनमा सुगन्ध भए झै हुने थियो । धन्यवाद राजेश जी नेपालको स्वच्छताको चित्रण गरि आम संचारमा राखि हेने भौका दिनु भएकोमा ।

Nabin Banepa -4

7. Anil Rockville MD said,

January 7, 2008 at 2:23 am

Nice Pics
    but most of comments are about Nepal not about Kathmandu City.
    Plaese let them make clear about KTM and Nepal.

8. Narayan from patan said,

January 8, 2008 at 11:36 am

Wonderful mind blowing pictures
    great work
    Dhari dhari dhanyabad

9. Brisbane said,

January 9, 2008 at 6:23 am

Great work rajeshji deffinetly remind me of home.
    good luck

10. natyavaruval said,

January 12, 2008 at 7:42 am

greatest world of all…….from this picturisthique of Nepal photography i can see Rajesh bhai open the gateaway to see the real “akash” haru in the universe loka……teme sanghara ko sunsaar is heart of kati kura imbued from affnu creative talented calling….as once upon a time by now,as affnu manche did had experienced the clear skies in the valley…..shall these Naya Nepal ko “kaliyuga” recaptured begin here, hai Nepali mitra, k garne cha?

11. suren, from india said,

January 17, 2008 at 3:20 pm

nice photos..
    hamro kathmandu eti ramro rahechha…..
    malai thahai thiyena.
    jasle pani ktm ko barema naramro kura matra garne bhayekole ktm pratiko image khasai ramro thiyena….ta kahile kahi ramro pachha pani hernu parchha.
    its realy nice

-suren

12. iswor sapkota stanmore london said,

January 19, 2008 at 6:55 am

thanku dai for this photo we are going to be forgate our nature but you remind for all nepali who are living out of country
    iswor sapkota from london

13. Raj Rai, Dubai said,

January 19, 2008 at 2:25 pm

It is coool photographs…a real identity of Nepal. I love your photos like Nepal.
    Thanks a lot to you for bringing Nepal in the light.

Raj and friends

14. minu/us said,

January 21, 2008 at 10:38 am

now we can say… kathmandu is not only polluted but also gifted. Most of us already forgot that kathmandu is also still beautiful, looks beautiful which you proved in these pics… great job… keep it up please

15. Markus Ranger / Germany said,

January 25, 2008 at 1:28 am

Absolute fantastic picx. I have been several times in Kathmandu but never saw the mountains as clear as i have seen in this pics.
    Thanks for this page what shows always new views of a beautiful country.

16. Hari Barakoti (Sydney) said,

January 25, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Rajesh jee,
    thankx for all ur effort in revitalizing my memory by these majestic view. i really approciated ur work and skill…. i am proud to be Nepali… we will expect more from u in future.
    good luck..!

17. South Tyrol - Italy said,

January 28, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Compliment !! for your wonderful work!
    its more or less like the city i m in now…..Merano…
    i got homesick after i saw the pics….. i show those to my frens…wow!

nice!! very nice

18. Shreeram said,

January 31, 2008 at 5:52 am

Amazing collection of pictures! Kudos to your effort. Each and every piece of your photography is marvelous and breathtaking. Nepal, afterall, is a nature wonderland!!!!

19. Babu/ Manila said,

February 4, 2008 at 2:52 am

These truly are awesome pictures. Made me miss home in a long time. thank u.

20. Hem (Copenhagen) said,

February 5, 2008 at 9:54 pm

lovely and amazing pictures nepal is real good. vanera laideyo.

21. Sajina kansakar, Finland said,

February 7, 2008 at 4:28 pm

I dont like to keep on saying that I miss my country and miss my kathmandu , where i was born .But when i look at the pictures of my birth place i feel like flying back rt away…
    I miss Nepal and my Kathmandu

The pictures are so so beautiful and makes me proud that i belong to this beautiful country

22. kaushal,muscat said,

February 7, 2008 at 10:36 pm

i wsa relly happay when i wsa show my born place ,it is very nice when i wsa in my country i don’t think so ,i wa relly miss my countary but what can i do ,i should miss and do my work in best,thanks a lot pkalano .com u are showing my born place,i was relly happay ,wishing u al the best in future.

kaushal

23. Rosina Shrestha/ China said,

February 9, 2008 at 3:24 am

Amarawati Kantipuri Nagari. My goodness! Couldn’t be more spectacular. I never realized lens could capture such beauty and warmth that the Valley provides, which only an artist could deliver. Awesome. I love your work.

24. Deepak ilam now KUWAIT. said,

February 11, 2008 at 4:13 pm

it is very nice for all nepalies who are in the out of nepal.

25. Ajit,from sea said,

February 20, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Dear Rajesh ji,

i thank you from the core of my heart to showing us such a most beautiful
    picture,

god bless you…

Ajit malla thakuri

26. durga bahadur thada magar,BAHRAIN said,

February 20, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Dear Rajesh ji it`s nice pictures
    many many thanks!!

27. london said,

February 21, 2008 at 6:25 pm

i was in kathmandu and left on the 12th of november, I believe these pictures were taken a few days after. Coming from Bhainsipati I missed this scenery. I know how beautiful it looks when it is clear (last I saw it this beautiful was in 2001). Amazing, Keep up with the great photos.

chadda

28. AadiYakthumba/Toronto Canada said,

February 24, 2008 at 7:33 am

Fantastic job. No one imagined, kathmandu could be captured so beautifully. The pictures are really really breathtaking. The effort, as Rajesh jee took is really appreciative. I really appreciated it.

I look to see more in near future.

29. shiva bashyal (DOHA QATAR) said,

February 24, 2008 at 1:30 pm

hello rajesh k.c think you & I’m happy nice photo

30. Binod/ sydney said,

February 27, 2008 at 7:41 am

great photography

31. razan said,

March 4, 2008 at 7:43 am

rajesh dai
    i never thought n never seen the view of kathmandu like this. wauuuuuu i really proud that we have a photographer like rajesh dai. n also proud to be nepali. my home town wauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

32. suren/monrovia said,

March 4, 2008 at 11:30 pm

thanks alot for nice photographs which recalled me my birth place and my family

33. san francisco said,

March 9, 2008 at 11:35 am

I have no words to describe the beauty of this city (Kathmandu); even the most “beautiful word” will sound cheap, If I could only tell how beautiful this city is… yet there are billions who haven’t heard of this “Shangrila “… it is very tragic

Oh God I love this city so much, my only wish… millions visit and adore this city.

34. dubai merto project said,

March 10, 2008 at 3:21 am

hello hi rajesh ji!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks very much for very nice photograp.ur great and really more great.keepit up contd………..

35. mani,new york said,

March 16, 2008 at 8:07 pm

Rajesh jee, thank you for such breath taking views, i was able to share wiyh my friends here abroad about my beautiful hometown, ur work well appreciated

36. Dipak/Dubai said,

March 17, 2008 at 6:22 pm

Just amazing and wonderful…….Pictures….
    Photographers are brilliant they should be awarded…
    I am very proud, Nepalese people have also got these types of photographers still…
    keep taking photos…..
    May god fulfill all the desires of the photographers who took this photo..

37. ranjala pyakurel london said,

March 23, 2008 at 3:37 pm

very proud to belong this country. good luck and all the best wishes

38. Sanzeeta, Dallas, Texas,USA said,

March 30, 2008 at 2:30 am

Great pictures man. You did a great job.

39. Avinash / U.A.E. said,

March 30, 2008 at 8:32 pm

The pictures are awesome. It really gave me a knock wat i’m missing. Anyways i am coming soon my Lovely Nepal. Good work guys

40. houston,texas, usa said,

April 1, 2008 at 2:54 am

i am although in US but i still love my country…its really beautiful………………

41. Nishant said,

April 4, 2008 at 5:34 pm

I hope you will take new pictures of the valley with mountain background again and again..keep it comming..what a beauty..

42. Roshan gupta/Sydney said,

April 5, 2008 at 2:17 pm

AWESOME PICTURES FROM THE HOMW TOWN…
    I M SPEECHLESS…
    REALLY LIKE UR WORK ,I DO APPRECIATE IT…. MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE IMAGINATION OF MINE AND I THOUGHT OF…
    oNE WORD ” SPECTACULAR”

43. Amrit Bajracharya/sydney said,

April 10, 2008 at 1:25 pm

Thanx for all pictures and your effort. I will always love my hometown. These pics give me good time. i appreciate your job.
    Je Nepal.

44. jhabindra sydney said,

April 10, 2008 at 7:42 pm

first of all i wanna give thanks for the person who try to give this scenery in website. I am very glad looling this scenery & beauty of my nation. Nepal has most of the natural beautiness among the country in the world.

45. Marian Owusu Afram, Germany said,

April 12, 2008 at 11:05 pm

These Pictures are Wonderful. When one sees these pictures, one can only imagine how great our God is! With these creation, one can hardly deny the fact that God exist. it is marvelous. Napeal is really a blessed Land .i would love to visit there oneday.

46. rajiv maharjan student in new zealand said,

April 18, 2008 at 4:44 am

I’m proud to be nepali seeing these photos.thanks alot.

47. Ashok Paudel, Mumbai said,

April 26, 2008 at 4:29 pm

The pictures are simply great yar……..
    really touched my heart adn reminded me of my childhood yar

48. pawan said,

April 29, 2008 at 2:42 pm

I never knew i was looking mount ganesh and had understood it to be gaurishanker……thanx rajesh ji,,,,for naming them too….i had never realized i was looking at mt. lantang and named it differently…..
    You are great and so is your skill…..i want to learn some tricks of photography….

awesome job…

49. rajan and suraj said,

May 1, 2008 at 4:08 am

gorgeous, amazing, mindblowing…what else can we say about this……keep it up…hoping to see more of u…

50. Hari Parsad / Dallas said,

May 2, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Thanks .. You surely have high res .. thanks anyway ..

Leave a Feedback