06.29.06

Celebrating ‘Asar Pandhra’ (असार १५)

Posted in फोटो फिचर at 8:51 pm by www.PHALANO.com

photos by Narendra Shrestha/Rajesh KC

On the occasion of the Asar Pandhra (Asar 15) festival, farmers planting paddy in a field at Bungmati and Harisiddhi of Lalitpur. Farmers usually plant paddy beginning Asar 15 (June 29) every year to mark the beginning of the monsoon in Nepal.

Harisiddhi-by RKC

Harisiddhi-by RKC

Harisiddhi-by RKC

Harisiddhi-by RKC

Harisiddhi-by RKC

Harisiddhi-by RKC

Students of Asian Public School also participate in a paddy plantation-by NS

Bungmati-by NS

Senior CPN-UML leader Bamdev Gautam participates in a paddy plantation at Bungmati village in Lalitpur. by NS

photo by Narendra Shrestha

312 comments »

1. Pokhara,Nepal said,

August 19, 2006 at 5:57 am

It is nice to see such festival for the people of agricultural country like Nepal.That is our reality and which reminds us our culture and tradition.But i find there is nothing about Dahi-Chiura(Bitten Rice with Curd)the main aspect of that asadh 15.
    It is good to see politicians on this ocassion.May be we thought that they have forgotten all these things which are replaced by Pajero and buildings in Capital.
    It would have been better if u have put some photos from other parts of the country which shows the uses of ploughs and oxes.

2. N Pakhrin from Denmark said,

August 19, 2006 at 11:46 am

I enjoy watching your photos. Can I also send the photos I have made for publishing in PHALANO.COM???

3. Anna said,

August 20, 2006 at 12:01 am

Hello,
    The photos are great and I would like to know what one of the comments above means: “sayad bamdev le jastai sabai neta harule desko barema soche huntho. khusi lago ki chair ma base base kishan kopasina bageko na dekhna neta ropaima ¦¦¦¦.”

Especially, what does the word “kopasina” mean?

4. sunilshrestha said,

August 21, 2006 at 11:00 am

wow excellent picture
    thanks to photographer
    now i am in dubai but i am feeling like that , i am in nepal

5. Lok P. Basel, Chartered Accountant from USA said,

August 24, 2006 at 4:11 am

Hi,
    This is very great thing for nepalese who are out of country to see the real pictures of own country. I want to give many many thanks to Kantipur newspaper which is only one unique paper to provide right news at right time. Again i am very much hopeful to see and learn about my country and activities at time.

6. Moon Light B.M. said,

August 24, 2006 at 7:34 pm

Aaja malaai kasto laagyo bhane khetma kaam gareko jasto !
    Roparni harule dhaan ropdai geet gaairaheko suneko jasto !!

Badhaai chha mero tarfa baat yo photo khichera rakhnelaai !
    Samjhana chha e photaharu hrne ra massage lekhnelaai !!

7. sarita karki/kathmandu(Nepal) said,

August 25, 2006 at 4:29 pm

so glad to see the picture because we fell that we are there n very,very nice pic

8. yagya paudel, tansen palpa said,

August 27, 2006 at 5:36 pm

aaha’kati ramro photo malai lagyo ki,
    ma khetmai choo jastolagyo.

thanks for this site.

Yagya paudel, now in mumbai

9. kARAN MUMBAI said,

August 29, 2006 at 12:52 am

What can I give you dai, just thanku.

10. Shailendra KOSOVO said,

August 30, 2006 at 6:16 pm

Asharko Pandra phalos phulos .

11. Milan Rawal MUMBAI INDIA said,

August 30, 2006 at 10:21 pm

Dhilai bhaiye pani asar pandra dekhna paio khushi ladyo
    I hope our coulture living future janerations

12. PEDRO ANGULO ROPAIN said,

August 31, 2006 at 12:49 am

MAS QUE UN COMENTARIO ES UNA SOLICITUD.

ME GUSTARIA QUE QUIERE DECIR LA PALABRA ” ROPAIN”,

HACE MUCHO TIEMPO QUE INVESTIGO ESTO,

DE VERDAD MUCHAS GRACIAS.

PEDRO

MAS THAT A COMMENTARY IS A REQUEST. GUSTARIA THAT IT MEANS WORD TO ME œROPAIN, LONG AGO THAT I INVESTIGATE THIS, REALLY THANK YOU VERY MUCH. PEDRO

13. Dipendra pokharel/KTM said,

August 31, 2006 at 12:15 pm

THANKS FOR SHAIRING SUCH PHOTOS,PAHILE PAHILE KHET MA HILO KHELEKO YAD AAYO,REMAILO LAGYO ,GOOD LUCK TO THESE NICE PIC

14. Rajkumar Karki, Malaysia said,

September 3, 2006 at 9:29 am

Looking at your pictures, in spite of the negative situations prevailing in Nepal, the mother nature is favoring the millions who till their lands to earn a daily bread. I wish all of my fellow citizens a good harvest of their hard work.

15. Ishwor sharma/kathmandu/sinamangal said,

September 13, 2006 at 1:32 pm

hello!!Naren n Rajesh dai!!

this is da real events or our culture!!! Asarka pandhra, dahi ra chiura, hatma kodali, ani tyo dabdabe hilo…..saili ra kanchhi yeksath !!! woowww wht a romance???

16. strainger said,

September 19, 2006 at 9:15 pm

pragatiko kamana phalano.com lai kina bhane ti tyesta nepali moulikta jhalkane tasbirharu yo panama rakhidida duniyama raheko nepalile herera nepaliko gaurabh badhaudai ma pani nepali hu bhani afulai nepali bhani chinauda dhha

17. denmark said,

September 26, 2006 at 10:53 pm

i really hate the pictures. coz i havenot seen natural picture.
    i really hates politican and they seems they are playing a role in the drama of cropping the rice.
    in my view , everythings should presents in natural and pure form .
    here i m really want o ask with the nepalese people, are they will return again the field and they will have photographs after they will be in goverment , or when they will having a posititon in goverment.
    no never,
    man and his behaviour never changes , with changing his closthers, he will be same like previous,
    plese do understand who will see and read me
    bye and plez do write me ur view at coolbis_dkk(at)hotmail.com

18. ummi natasha peie/Malaysia said,

September 27, 2006 at 1:07 am

nice view n pic. thanks.

19. Dakpa Tisang/Austin,Texas said,

September 28, 2006 at 2:25 am

Great pictures, thank you for sharing your talent.

20. manoj rai.biratnagar-8. said,

October 30, 2006 at 11:04 pm

i do appreciate your photography but i do hope your photo will be of different part of nepal and not only

21. manoj rai.biratnagar-8. said,

October 30, 2006 at 11:17 pm

i do appreciate your photo and work you have done is great when i saw your photo it made me feel enegrgertic but in comeing days do focus in different festivals.

22. umanath+snpandey+narayan aryal kuwait said,

November 12, 2006 at 5:45 pm

wow nepal kati ramro cha hai.

23. thakur kumar qatar said,

December 7, 2006 at 12:23 pm

very very good photo with our cultur and proud you to show this picture in this web site thanks and sorry for late

24. Reuben magar Maryland USA said,

December 28, 2006 at 9:50 pm

Hi i like the photos it reminds me my village where i was born but what’s this politics in the paddy field aswell”

25. bhishma raj adhikari qatar said,

January 10, 2007 at 2:33 pm

i lile it this pickchur

26. laxman poudel (Tanahun Risty 8) said,

January 16, 2007 at 10:25 am

many more thanks to falano .com bicause it remembering to all of us who r out side from nepal , by giving our culturals photoes and such matter at last giving thanks again …………….
    pls email me who know me properly

bye

27. Kaviraj,Kathmandu,Nepal said,

February 7, 2007 at 8:35 pm

students participating on such festivals encourages them .
    But what was Senior CPN-UML leader Bamdev Gautam doing??Was is for the publicity??

28. Sri Ram Shrestha(Balkot-2,Nepal)Now in Qatar said,

March 15, 2007 at 2:11 pm

so glad to see the picture. very nice picture ,i am missing it .it s my motherland ,it s my nepal, thank you very very much to photo grafer.

29. arun...from india D L F said,

March 27, 2007 at 5:12 pm

very happy to watching our nepal.iam so missins it.its my nepal.thank yau for this nice photo.iam realy missing it.

NEPAL

N..never
    E..ending
    P..peace
    A..and
    L..love ……….arun kumar ghimire……..

30. Sonica Basnet, America said,

April 4, 2007 at 12:02 am

wow, i would never forget my country NEPAL. One day i also used to do the same work, i really like to do this kind of work, though i used to live in the kathmandu, i never forget to do those all the thing what people used to do at village. Because of my study, i used to go village once a year, on DASHAIN. When i used to be in village, i used to everything, what my mom used to do, like cutting the grass, like wise many village things, it used to be really intresting. Now i am at U.S.A., when i will go to my country NEPAL, i will off course do , what i used to before,at the village.
    THANK YOU very much for those beautiful pictures. As I am at U.A.S. i will never forget my home country, my cultures, i will never for my country, never………..
    I will pray with god that, our country NEPAL will be full of peace and beauty.
    SONICA

31. Shree Qumar Maharjan/Kirtipur said,

April 4, 2007 at 11:34 am

Yeah Its nice to see such a great photos based on agriculture. It is a part of agritourism industry in nepal, which has much more potentialities in nepalese context. Being first guy doing thesis research on agritourism, i am very much glad to see this kind of events and activities in nepal or event in kathmandu valley. Next time i want to participate in such activities.
    Good Luck in future.

32. पिताम्वर पाण्डेय, Buena Vista University;Stormlake-Iowa, USA said,

April 7, 2007 at 12:44 am

Hi !!!

The pictures are really beautiful. I feel as I am in my own country and with all Nepalese people. I am feeling as I am with my own family. Thanks for allowing me to see all these pics.
    I hope to see the pictures of not only of Ktm. valley but also from the different parts of Nepal.

33. Laxman chand dubai said,

April 12, 2007 at 10:07 am

34. suman kark, Iowa, US said,

April 15, 2007 at 12:58 pm

It reminds me the month of june, hardworking and full of hope.

35. RAVI KIRAN ADHIKARI PUYTHAN said,

April 20, 2007 at 11:02 am

sabai lai mero tarf bata namaskar cha yo dan ropako dhakhada ta mali bhakarai aafano ghar jau jasto lagayo yo nai soraga ho mati gaya pachi kahai chaina ma hal qatar ma chu sabai dede bani ;aama buwa daju lai darja anusar dhoga namaskar aaserabad cha okbye

36. Purna B. ghale, osaka, Japan. said,

May 23, 2007 at 6:11 pm

WOwooooo, i have done many times like shame,
    what’s the hell……… nice pickture, I like pickture verry much of the asar pandhra, & i am not going to countrole from my inner heart, also iam veryy sad because, what was Senior CPN-UML leader Bamdev Gautam doing?? with the flag of he’s party, i don’t think it is good idia he is (bamdev) with farmind people, its just a some……..self resison of him self, so plz don’t be any mentiton with nepali farmar, that will be better for nepali farmar,

37. Unnat Prashad Bidari,Syuchatar-7,ktm said,

June 10, 2007 at 11:51 am

DHHERAI DHHERAI RAAMRO CHHA

38. Unnat Prashad Bidari,Syuchatar-7,ktm said,

June 10, 2007 at 11:51 am

DHHERAI DHHERAI RAAMRO CHHA

39. Arjun Man Shakya Kabul Afghanistan said,

June 17, 2007 at 6:31 pm

“Asharko padhra”Ashar ko padhra bhanne bittikai Nepali haru ko mano khayera muri ubjaune samaye maninchha.Tyahi mathi mathiko tasbir le ta tasbir aafai bolchha bhanejhai prasta paridiyeko chha.ma dherai desh ma ghume tara yesto kahi pani dekhina jo mathiko tasbir ma dekhinchha.eslai re-new gardai janu hola hamile dekhi rahana pau.Dhanyabad…….!

40. jeetendra prajapati(qatar) said,

June 27, 2007 at 2:46 pm

ya,…awesome pictures…..ani Ashar 15 ma “Dahi-Chura” kahana chai nabirsau hai….love nepal!

41. Bishnu lama said,

July 1, 2007 at 3:37 pm

I miss a lot my motherland. As I saw this picture really I feeling I was in Nepal with my entire friend.

Baghdad Iraq

42. Pitamber Bhandari, Germany said,

July 10, 2007 at 6:12 pm

Ashar, the month which makes all farmers busy to plant paddy in their field. They dont bother about heat, rain or heavy cloud in the sky, they are determined to plant now and harvesting it in october. not only in the above pictures, but all over the country (where it is possible to plant paddy) all farmers are concentrate to do their best for getting good harvest. The much awaited constituent assembly election is going to be held in November 22. So the leaders of all political parties, concern authorities and the government also must have same concentration to make success the constituent assembly by not blamming to each others. The whole nation is waiting for the historical change and the will and aspirations of the Nepalese people can be fulfilled by the efforts of all. So, its time to forget personel or (parties) principles and join hand with all who wants truly to make a new Nepal…….

43. Durga Ghalan said,

July 11, 2007 at 3:48 pm

i like bamdeb gautam

44. Durga Ghalan said,

July 11, 2007 at 3:50 pm

i love nepal my nepal,
    Kathamadu nepal
    Now- BAGHDAD IRAQ

45. rabindA shresthA, abu-dhabi, uae said,

July 13, 2007 at 2:51 pm

wE misS nepaL anD we misS asaR pandhrA…..

46. jaks usa said,

July 30, 2007 at 4:40 pm

oh ho kati ramro pic hau . I miss that thing

47. Prabin Bista, Dubai,UAE said,

July 31, 2007 at 4:12 am

Derai nai ramro cha. AAfnai Ghau-Dhau ma puge jasto lagyo. i am missing my village.

48. BISWAJIT KHARKA, GURGAON(HARYANA)INDIA said,

August 6, 2007 at 12:00 pm

I miss a lot my motherland. As I saw these picture really I feeling I was in Nepal with my entire friend.
    I hope to see the pictures of not only of Ktm. valley but also from the different parts of Nepal¦¦¦¦¦..

thanks.
    Biswajit kharka
    Gurgaon(haryana)
    India.

49. shobha ram (mathura) india said,

August 8, 2007 at 6:47 pm

hello

dherai ramro photo cha
    m lai yo dekhda ta afno khet joteko din yad ayo
    thanks ye picture dikhane ke liy

mero nepal ko thegana
    rampur gau vikash samiti ward no…. dang jilla rapti anchal nepal

50. china yiwu said,

August 9, 2007 at 9:10 am

i very happy whin i gote pictur

Leave a Feedback